SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Everyday Makeup Look: Spring/Summer



It's finally summer and that means that the makeup that people are wearing has slowly transitioned from the darker colors of fall and winter to the lighter and brighter colors of spring and summer. During the summer months I tend to not wear too much makeup but I do wear just enough to cover up any little breakouts and to make myself look a bit more awake. Here is my spring/summer makeup look that I've been wearing recently.


Face Makeup


Face makeup can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. I have dry, very fair skin that also has red patches which is why I use the Clinique CC Cream in the color Very Light. I mentioned this product in my Winter Look post. It isn't heavy but it provides just the right amount of coverage to cover up any redness. I also love using the Maybelline FitMe concealer in the color Fair, to cover up any blemishes that I might have. I also mentioned this product in my Winter Look post.
When I want to cover up the purple under my eyes, I like to use the Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair. This concealer also acts as an illuminator which is why I love using it under my eyes. It makes me look so much more awake. For blush I love using CoverGirl Classic Color blush in Rose Silk. On the days when I don't wear any blush, I love using the Clinique Chubby Stick Contour and Highlight sticks. They make contouring and highlighting so easy and they work with every skin tone.

Eye Makeup


I like to keep my eye makeup very minimal in the summer because sometimes less is more. For my eyebrows I use the Clinique Instant Lift for Brows in Soft Brown. My eyebrows are very light so I tend to apply this with a very soft hand so my brows won't look so fake or drawn on. This eyebrow pencil is actually dual ended. It has the pencil on one end and a highlight on the other end.
For my eyeshadow I've been using the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint in Lots O' Latte. It might look a bit dark but it really isn't. It's perfect for daytime and night time. The Chubby Stick Shadow Tint's are all very buildable, so if you want more of a nighttime look just add more.
For eyeliner I started using the Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Intense Aubergine. It is a purple-brown color and it really brings out my blue eyes. The Quickliner for Eyes Intense is another dual ended product. It has the pencil at one end and at the other end it had a smudger so the line won't look so harsh.
Lastly, for my mascara I've been using a sample of the Clinique High Impact Mascara. It makes my lashes look so much longer and fuller.

Post a Comment