SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Is FabFitFun Worth It? Winter 2018 Box


Christmas has come early this year! What do I mean by that? Well yesterday I received my Winter 2018 FabFitFun box. This is by far my favorite subscription box. Each box contains 8 to 9 full size products with each box valued at $200+. If you have a seasonal subscription then you will pay $49.99 four times a year and you'll be able to customize certain items in your box. If you have a select subscription then you will pay $179 for four boxes, for example I switched from the seasonal to the select subscription last month and paid the $179 so now I won't have to pay again until the Winter 2019 box. With the select subscription you also get to customize your entire box! Now I'm going to stop my rambling and go over what I received in the Winter 2018 FabFitFun box.


I'll start out with the item that I was most excited for which is the Mark & Graham Colorblock Throw blanket. You could have gotten this in either Gray/Ivory or Natural/Ivory. As you can see I chose the Gray/Ivory and I'm so glad that I did. This is so soft and cozy I just want to cuddle up with it all night long! Believe it or not, this throw retails for $49 so just this item covers the cost of the box. Select members had the ability to chose which color they wanted.


Another item that I chose for my box was this headband and pop-top glove duo. This is made by the company BearPaw. I really needed some ear warmers and some gloves so I was super excited to see these as an option. I've already tried these on (see picture at the end of this post) and they are so warm and soft. I love that FabFitFun introduces me to brands that I wouldn't normally try. This combo set retails for $45. Seasonal and Select members were able to choose between this and the Moroccan Gold Series Treatment Mask ($49).


Jewelry isn't something that I buy a lot of. I would much rather spend my money on clothes or makeup, but when I saw this necklace I thought why not. I really love the simplistic design and it's not too flashy. I haven't tried it on yet but since it's silver and it's simple, i'm sure that i'll be able to wear it a lot. This retails for $49. Select and Seasonal members were able to choose between this LeLe Sadoughi Silver Circle Necklace, Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo ($44), and the H Halston Jewelry Portfolio ($48).


This item I chose is the PUR Be Your Selfie eyeshadow palette. I love makeup so obviously when I saw that an eyeshadow palette was an option I selected it without even giving the other two items a second thought. The palette has four matte shadows and five shimmer shadows which is the perfect mix for me. I'm really loving more purple shadows right now so I'm very excited to try this out. This palette retails for $36. Select and Seasonal members were able to choose between this eyeshadow palette, Sherrie Matthews Acupuncture Jade Stone Roller ($45), and Richer Poorer Reina Over the Knee Textured Socks ($24).


Now we're getting into the items that only Select members were able to customize. These items were actually one of the mystery items this season. I am in love with Spongelle so I almost started jumping up and down when I saw this in my box. I received a Spongelle body buffer in my Spring Edit box and I loved it so much (that's how I was introduced to the brand). I can't wait to try this scent. The second item also got me really hyped up because I have a mascara obsession and I've been wanting to try something from Doucce. I wore the mascara today and I thought that it did add some volume to my lashes. The other products that Select members could have chosen from were the BiteBeauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in the shade Meringue ($26), Chic & Tonic I'll Coast to That! 4 piece coaster set ($18), the Brooke Burke Body Sliders ($18), or a mystery item with an unknown price value. Seasonal members did not have the chance to receive the mystery item and did get to choose.


I've never been the type of person who loves oils but I took the plunge and chose these Way of Will Elevate Essential Oil Set which includes Sweet Orange and Eucalyptus. When I read the description of these I knew that I needed to have it in my box. Sweet Orange helps ease stomach cramps and headaches while Eucalyptus helps with sore muscles (my feet after work) and cold symptoms. This set retails for $31. The other option was the Anthropologie x Mer-Sea & Co. Sea Whip Body Cream ($24). This was another item where only Select members got to choose.


We've finally gotten into the products that come in everyones box. Each box comes with a few items that everyone will receive. This time one of those products was the Ahava Hydration Cream Mask ($33). This mask is supposed to provide intense hydration which is exactly what my skin needs this time of year. My skin is basically like a desert this time of the year. You can leave the mask on for 3 minutes or overnight if you prefer. The Ahava hand cream comes in the FabFitFun starter boxes.


I've heard some pretty good things about Blaq and I enjoy the occasional eye mask so this was a win-win situation. These hydrogel eye masks are infused with hyaluronic acid and activated charcoal. They are supposed to help detox and de-puff so we'll see if they can make my under eyes look fabulous for winter. My favorite part is that this is a pack of five so you won't run out of them quickly. These retail for $29.


The last item that everyone received is this eye brightener from Thrive Cosmetics. I've never used an eye brightener before but I have used highlighters and I would classify this as a highlighting pencil. It is a beautiful champagne shade that looks so beautiful. I tested it out on my mom first (she also receives FabFitFun boxes) and it really brightened up her eyes. With my pencil I've only tested it out on the back of my hand to see if it would show up since it's pretty subtle and my skin is very fair. To my surprise it actually showed up! So to my fair skinned ladies out there, we now have an eye brightener that works. This retails for $24.

Overall the total price of my box was $321. That's pretty great for only paying $179 for four boxes valued at over $200+. I do have three starter boxes to give away so if you'd like to try FabFitFun yourself, send me a message on Instagram. Here a couple of pictures of me with these items for your own enjoyment.



Post a Comment