SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 4, 2016

#Match4Zara

Tweet from Zara's friend
Hi everyone! Today is going to be a different type of post. I'm not posting about my favorites, or beauty, or even fashion. Today I'm posting about a 13 year old girl named Zara. I know that this post is very different for my blog but if you stay with me I think you'll realize why I'm posting about this young girl.


I found out about Zara through a post that I saw on Twitter. Alfie Deyes (aka PointlessBlog) retweeted one of Zara's friends. Zara's friend had tweeted that Zara desperately needed to find a bone marrow donor. Usually I never look at retweets or even click on them, but this one drew me in. After I read the tweet, I replied saying that I would pray for Zara (which I have been doing). Yesterday I started thinking about ways that I could maybe help Zara, so I decided to post here on my blog. I definitely wouldn't be a match for Zara, but I think that helping to spread the word is one of the next best things.

Now, let me tell you a bit about her. Zara is a 13 year old girl from England who, as I have mentioned, is having a difficult time finding a bone marrow donor. The reason why she is having such a hard time finding a donor is because of her very rare tissue type. Zara's ethnicity is Arabic/British, which is very rare. If someone were to be a match for Zara they would need to have British and Arabic ancestry.

Even if you are not a match for Zara, think about tweeting or posting on any social network about her situation. It's always important to get the word out and maybe with faith, hope, and some luck, Zara will find a match. If you want to find out more about Zara you can visit her website at www.match4zara.com and follow her on Twitter at @Match4Z


Post a Comment