SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 8, 2017

Ulta Silicone Sponge vs Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge




Hi everyone! It has been quite a while since I have done a comparison post here on my blog, so I decided to do one today. Recently I was watching some beauty gurus on YouTube test out the SiliSponge. I have seen this trend going around now for about a year or so and I was never able to get into it until now. Today I went to Ulta and purchased their silicone sponge and I decided to test it against my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I really love the Miracle Complexion Sponge and use it quite frequently. Now here are my thoughts on these sponges.




Instead of purchasing the original SiliSponge, I decided to buy a dupe because I didn't want to wait for it in the mail and I didn't want have to pay for shipping. I was debating between buying the PUR silicone sponge and the Ulta silicone sponge, but as you can see I went for the Ulta silicone sponge because it was only $6.99. Right now at Ulta there is a deal going on that if you buy this sponge then you can get another one 50% off. The only reason why I didn't go for that deal was because I had never used a silicone sponge before. Now the question is, did I like this sponge?

I personally wasn't a fan of the silicone sponge overall. The one thing that I liked about it was that it didn't absorb my foundation like a normal makeup sponge does. When I used this sponge I tested it out on one side of my face and after my foundation was blended in, I noticed that it was quite patchy. I was hoping that this sponge would give me a good amount of coverage, but it didn't. I actually had to use three layers of foundation to get the coverage that I wanted. With this sponge it also took a longer amount of time to apply my foundation and I felt like I was slapping myself in the face with a bra insert. I'm not going to lie, the sound that it makes when you blend your foundation in is pretty funny.




Now onto the Miracle Complexion Sponge! I have been using this sponge for a few years now and I love it. It always gives me a flawless finish and doesn't leave my skin looking flaky. This sponge is so easy to use and it doesn't take long to apply your foundation with. The only con is that it really absorbs the product and you need to wash it more often. With this sponge I only had to use one layer of foundation to get the coverage that I wanted. This exact sponge in the picture is actually a new one that I got in a set of brushes.

You can get this sponge on it's own at Ulta for $5.99. Right now there aren't any deals for the single sponge, but if you get a pack of two then it is $10.99 and it's buy one get one 50% off. I personally would buy the pack of two just because of the fact that you have to replace them more often.


Here is the comparison between the Ulta Silicone Sponge and the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
I used the Miracle Complexion Sponge on the right and the Silicone Sponge on the left.



Post a Comment