SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 2, 2018

St. Ives Sheet Masks


Hi everyone! I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted on this blog. Time really does fly when you're busy with work and school. I was stuck in a bit of a rut for a while thinking about what to post until a few days ago when Influenster sent me three St. Ives sheet masks complimentary in exchange for a review. I was so excited to try these masks out that I opened one before I even started taking pictures for this review! I haven't used a St. Ives product before but I had heard good things about the brand so I wasn't so hesitant to try out these masks.

Now let me tell you about the masks. There were three masks, one soothing mask, one revitalizing mask, and one glowing mask. The directions on the back of each mask state to leave the mask on for 10 minutes, take it off and throw it in the trash, and then rub whatever is left on your face into your skin. So now here are my reviews on each mask.



This is the Soothing mask which was the first mask that I tried out. The soothing mask is an oatmeal mask that is supposed to gently soothe for soft and supple skin. I can honestly say that this was my favorite of all three masks. It smelled so good that I fell too in love with it and left it on longer than 10 minutes. I not only loved the fact that the mask smelled fantastic, but it also made me feel more relaxed, it didn't cause any breakouts, it didn't sting, and it didn't cause any redness. I can't say that it made a huge difference in the area of helping with hydrating my skin, but I did notice a difference. I would definitely try out this mask again.


The revitalizing mask contains acai, blueberry, and chia seed oil. I really wanted to love this mask but it was not a great mask in my opinion. It made my skin sting and the smell was so overwhelming that I wanted to take it off as soon as I put it on. I'm not sure if all three ingredients were just too much for my skin and my nose too handle, but I was not impressed. This mask is supposed to hydrate for vibrant, healthy-looking skin. I noticed zero difference in my skin after using this mask. I definitely won't be trying this mask out again.


On my last night of testing out these masks, I tried out the glowing mask. The glowing mask is supposed to revive your skin for a fresh glow. This is an apricot mask and trust me you can definitely tell. It smells really good and this was another one that I didn't want to leave on for only 10 minutes. After using the mask I did notice that my skin looked a bit more dewy for the next couple of days and I promise that would not be from oily skin. My skin became dry once I hit the age of 20 so I'll do anything to make it look dewy and hydrated.

Aside from the revitalizing mask, I would say that these were an overall win. Will I be running to the store to buy them right away, no but I will try them out again in the future. I've tried so many different sheet masks over the past few years and I will say that the soothing mask and the glowing mask definitely smelled the best. 

Comment down below telling me what your favorite face mask is or if you would like to try these masks!

Post a Comment