SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

H2BAR October Box


Hi everyone! I know that I haven't posted anything through the month of October, but I have a good reason. I've been trying out the products in the How to be a Redhead October box. I have fallen in love with these products and I am so excited to be writing this post. When this goes up it will be November 1st, so I hope that you all have a wonderful Halloween and enjoy this post!

Box Description: Red leaves bloom and fall, replicating the many beautiful shades of red hair. There are approximately ninety days of fall, so let's put the season to use in the best way possible. It all starts with soft red locks; glowing, healthy skin, and bold beautiful redhead brows. It's our time to shine.


Zuii Organic Primer

Card Description: Certified Organic. Apply to face & neck prior to your makeup application to create an even canvas for your applied foundation.
Review: This primer had a very nice scent to it and it did help my foundation last longer. I was actually quite surprised that it wasn't hard to apply and it wasn't clumpy at all; however, it did make my face look a bit oily after a few hours. Overall, the pros really outweigh the cons with this product and I won't be surprised if I end up purchasing it in the future. This sample retails for $2.

Miss Spa Under Eye Mask

Card Description: Silky paper mask is pre-treated  with a skin-illuminating serum. Infused with fruit extracts rich in vitamin C.
Review: Aside from the messy application, I don't have any complaints about this product. It did exactly like it said by brightening my dark under eye circles. When I had these on there was a bit of a tingly feeling after a while that was actually very relaxing. This retails for $3.

Just for Redheads Brow Stick

Card Description: If you've been a subscriber for the past 6 months, this is the 3rd (& final) product received from JFR!
Review: This brow stick is in the shade Ginger Auburn. I really like the color of the pencil, however it is a product that you should apply with a light hand. It went on nicely and is very red. Consistency wise, it is very powdery. This retails for $14.

InstaNatural Sample Vitamin C Moisturizer

Card Description: Vitamin C is proven to prevent and treat ultraviolet induced damage & in an anti-agains superstar.
Review: I have to say that this is the best moisturizer that I've ever tried. Moisturizers and I have never gotten along very well. Most of them cause me to break out or even turn very red, luckily this one didn't do their of those things. This moisturizer left my skin hydrated and smooth, it didn't feel sticky or heavy when I applied it, and it has a nice fruity scent to it. If you are looking for a great moisturizer that doesn't cause breakouts, I strongly recommend this one. This retails for $5.

Philosophy Eye Gel Cream & Gel Cream

Card Description: Redhead Season is all about change; a reboot. Give your redhead skin love with the best! Use the Gel Cream to moisturize & smooth skin. Dot the Eye Gel Cream around the eyes.
Review: I haven't stopped using these ever since I received them. I use them every night before bed and they have made such a difference. They both are so lightweight, moisturizing, and cooling on the skin. I'm so glad that the box came with two sets of these so I won't run out too fast. The eye gel cream retails for $42 while the gel cream retails for $14 - $40.

Jojoba Oil

Card Description: A must for every redhead! Use this organic, cold-pressed oil in the following ways: hair, skin, makeup remover, cuticles, stretch marks, etc.
Review: This jojoba oil was alright. It made my hair more curly and did add a certain shine to it; however, it had a bit of a funny smell to it (kind of a butter smell). I will say that it was very hydrating though. Overall, I don't think that I'll be repurchasing this after I run out. This retails for $5.

Nelson J Moisture Healing Mask

Card Description: Has the sun caused your red hair to fade or become damaged? You're not alone. This 100% Argan Oil derived moisturizing treatment will do the trick, in scents: coconut and pomegranate.
Review: I decided to try the pomegranate mask first. It smelled so good and so did the coconut one. I can now say that I'm obsessed with these masks. They made my hair feel so much softer, it wasn't tangled afterwards, they smelled great, and they were very lightweight. I'm 100% going to be purchasing these again. These both retail for $8.

Previse Skincare SunSheer Sunscreen Moisturizer

Card Description: Blocks both UVA & UVB radiation. It's recipe includes multi-action antioxidants and licorice root.
Review: I haven't actually used this product yet because I haven't been outside for a long enough amount of time to tell you if it actually if effective or not. I will tell you though that I did smell it because I wanted to find out if it actually does smell like licorice and it really does. When I do use this I hope that I'll be able to smell that licorice scent. This retails for $38.

Overall I loved this box. The skincare items were spot on, the makeup products were nice, and the hair masks were fabulous. I'll definitely be repurchasing some of these items in the future.







Post a Comment