SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Everyday Makeup Look: Winter

Lately I've had some people come up to me and tell me that they really like how I've been wearing my makeup. Since some people like it so much, I figured why not share with other people how I wear my makeup. Usually during every season I'll change how I wear my makeup and sometimes I'll just wear a makeup look that I like until I get tired of it. 


Face Makeup
     When it comes to face makeup, it can be a bit of a challenge for me because I have such fair skin and that means that I need to find a color that fits to my skin tone perfectly. When you have fair skin with pink undertones like I do, it can be quite hard to find a foundation that really matches your skin tone and doesn't cause you to turn orange. That is why I recently started using Clinique CC Cream in the shade Very Light. It provides just the right amount of coverage and feels great on my skin. It also is oil free, has an SPF 30, and you can wear it alone or under your foundation.
     I've been using Maybelline FitMe Concealer for quite a while now. I'd say that I've been using it for about 2 years now and I still love it. It is the one concealer that I swear by. Like I said before, I have quite fair skin so I use the color Fair. For people who do have light skin but not as light as mine, you might want to go a shade darker. Maybelline FitMe Concealer is the concealer that provides the perfect amount of coverage for me and it hasn't caused me any break outs like some other concealers have.
     Lately, I've been using CoverGirl Classic Color blush in the color Rose Silk. It is a very pinky color but is another shade that is great for people with fair skin. It isn't super duper pink but it does give your cheeks the right amount of color. It also gives you a very healthy glow and makes your skin look a bit more "alive".

Eye Makeup
Eye makeup is my favorite part of doing my makeup. Before I got this Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, I was using the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. This palette has such lovely colors. The colors aren't too light and they aren't too dark. As you can see though, there are some dark colors in the palette. The colors I've been using lately are Marizpan, Milk Chocolate, and Champagne Truffle. I always like to use some golden colors for my eyeshadow which is one of the reasons why I love this palette so much. I'm going to do a tutorial on my YouTube channel soon which will feature this palette. So if you want to know more about it, stay tuned for that.


Lastly is eyeliner, mascara, and eyebrows. My favorite mascara in the world is Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara in the color Extreme Black. Yes that is quite a mouthful. The reason why I love this mascara so much is because it really makes my lashes stand out more. It isn't too heavy or clumpy which is just one more thing that makes it perfect. If you are a person like me who has blonde lashes and you want to make your lashes stand out more, this mascara will be your best friend. Let me remind you though that it is Estee Lauder so obviously it is more expensive than most mascaras. Estee Lauder is my favorite brand, but also a very pricey brand. 
    For my eyeliner I like to use Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in the color Intense Truffle. I don't like my eyeliner very dark because then it looks like I have panda eyes. I'm not joking, when I wore black eyeliner once, some of my friends started calling me Panda Eyes. I can definitely tell you that was not a fun day. If you are a person who likes a lighter brown eyeliner then you'll definitely want this liner. I also love that it is an eye pencil. I've never been a fan of gel liners because I find that they dry out too fast and then you can't use them anymore.
   Now, last but not least is eyebrows. I have very light blonde eyebrows so when I found this brow pencil I was thrilled. It is the Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in the color Soft Auburn. If you have red hair and blonde brows like me, then this brow pencil is wonderful. Always remember though that if you have blonde brows and red hair, you'll always want to make sure that your brows are still lighter than your natural hair color. If your brows look too dark it doesn't end up looking too great. One tip for everyone who has trouble with brows is that you need to remember that eyebrows are sisters and not twins.


I hope that you all enjoyed this post and don't forget to check out my new tutorial on my YouTube channel that will be featuring all of these products!

Post a Comment