SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 29, 2016

H2BAR Subscription Box Review


Last month I decided to sign up to receive the July H2BAR Subscription Box. How to be a Redhead was started by two redheaded sisters Adrienne and Stephanie Vendetti. They started the website a few years ago and came out with the subscription boxes last October. When I got an email last month notifying people that there were open spots for the subscription boxes I jumped at the chance. I canceled my subscription after I received the box only because I'm on a budget. I however am going to try to sign up for the October box. The box came with eight products that have been approved as redhead friendly and each box comes with a card describing each product. Here is my review on the July box.



The July box was called the "The Ultimate Summer" box and included the following products: BedHead Resurrection Shampoo & Conditioner Minis, CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever Red-dy, Udderly Smooth Hand Cream, Blue Lizard Sunscreen sample, Invisibobble hair bands, dpHUE Apple Cider Rinse sample, Beauty & Pinups Fearless Treatment Pouch, and Benzac Blemish Clearing Hydrator. 

Beauty & Pinups Fearless Treatment pouch
Card Description: An intensive, corrective hair masque that helps rebuild broken bonds and revive brittle red tresses.
Review: This was the first hair masque that I have ever tried and I was actually very pleased. While the masque didn't cover all of my hair, it did make it feel much softer than it normally does and that is something that I'm all for. This hair masque retails for $10.

BedHead Resurrection Shampoo & Conditioner minis
Card Description: Face it... your red hair needs some rehab during the summer months. Let the hydration therapy begin.
Review: I have nothing bad to say about these products. They were definitely my favorite products in the box. They made my hair feel much softer and healthier. I would definitely buy the full size version of these. These products retail for $16 each.

Blue Lizard Sunscreen sample
Card Description: You raved about this product (full size featured in the October 2015 box) and it's back in sample form! Use hashtag #BlueLizardSun + share your beach photos with us.
Review: I'm not going to lie, this is the one product that I haven't tested yet. I'm absolutely horrible at remembering to put on sunscreen which is something that I really need to work on. I also haven't been outside enough to test this because it has been quite toasty here in Kansas. This retails for $5.

Invisibobble hair rings
Card Description: The only traceless hair ring that does not kink or crease hair, cause headaches or breaks hair. Enjoy painless ponytails, buns, and more.
Review: Before I received the H2BAR July box I had never even heard on the Invisibobble and I have no idea why. They are even better than a regular hair tie and come in multiple colors. These come in packs of three (there are only two here because I'm wearing one at the moment) and don't tug at your head. My favorite thing about them is that they don't leave a crease in my hair and my hair doesn't break when I take one out. I know that I'll be buying more of these. They retail for $6.

dpHUE Apple Cider Hair Rinse
Card Description: Apple Cider Vinegar is an ancient ingredient. Use this sample to gently remove impurities from your hair and scalp, without stripping the natural oils. Tip: Use after a long day out in the sun.
Review: This is another product that I was very impressed with. It has really helped my hair and didn't cause my hair to dry out at all. I loved this product so much that I went on the Sephora website and bought a dpHUE hair masque which I am loving. This sample retails for $5.

Benzoic Blemish Clearing Hydrator
Card Description: The sun can dry out redhead skin in a matter of minutes. Keep your skin glowing with this product. Lightweight formula controls excess oil and hydrates the skin without overdrying.
Review: I honestly don't have too much to say about this product. I have used it quite a few times now and haven't noticed any difference. I don't think that this is something that I would want to try again. This retails for $10.

Utterly Smooth Hand Cream
Card Description: Your hand need some love too; especially if you have sensitive redhead skin. Best for moisturizing while "on the go". Originally developed for use on dairy cows and now used by people around the world.
Review: I was so surprised by how much I loved this. Surprisingly I like this even more than my Soap & Glory hand cream. My hands feel much softer. The best thing about this hand cream is that it's not so thick like other hand creams. I love this so much that I've been carrying it around with me in my purse. The box also came with a $1.00 off coupon for this. This retails for $5.

CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor
Card Description: The ultimate Redhead Friendly lip shade for long summer days. Smudge and smear resistant for kiss proof color. Top coat helps lock in moisture.
Review: I reviewed this product in my Top 4 Favorite Red Lipsticks post so I don't think that there is a need to review it again. I will say that it is a product that I enjoy and will be purchasing other colors. This retails for $10.

Overall I was very pleased with the H2BAR Subscription Box. The boxes are $18 a month but they are completely worth it. The boxes are available for people in the US and Canada. If you've received a H2BAR box or if you've tried any of these products, comment below telling me what you think.

Post a Comment