SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 4, 2016

My Favorite Hair Care Products


This is the first time that I've done a post about hair care and I have to say that I'm very excited about it. Some of the products in this post were in my last blog post about the How To Be A Redhead subscription box and others are products that I've been using for a while but haven't mentioned before.


Shampoos & Conditioners
L to R: Tigi Bed Head Antidotes Resurrection Conditioner mini, Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Conditioner, Tigi Bed Head Antidotes Resurrection Shampoo mini, Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Shampoo
The Tigi BedHead Antidotes Resurrection Shampoo and Conditioner minis ($16 each) were two of the products that I received in the How To Be A Redhead subscription box last month. I used them all throughout the month of July and they were fabulous. They really made my hair feel more smooth and they also helped protect my hair from the horrible heat.
The Hask Keratin Protein Shampoo & Conditioner ($6 each) are my favorites. I've been using these for about two months now and my hair feels so soft and not as dry as it once was. Just like the Tigi BedHead Antidotes Resurrection products, these also protect from the heat and reduce frizz. If you don't want to spend $30 on the full size Tigi BedHead Antidotes Resurrection products then these would be a great alternative. 

Styling Products
L to R: Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Coconut & Moringa Oils Humidity Block Curl Gel, Hask Controlled Curls Hair Defining Spray, Hask Argan Oil Repairing Oil, Hask Repair that Hair Leave-In Conditioning Spray
 The Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Coconut & Moringa Oils Humidity Block Curl Gel ($26) was a sample that I got with an order from Sephora. It is a styling anti-humidity gel that actually does provide hold and prevents frizzing. Since my hair tends to frizz quite easily, I need all the help and I can get and this product is one of the best frizz preventing products that I've ever tried. Unlike some products that I've tried in the past, this one actually works and it doesn't dry out my hair.
The Hask Controlled Curls Hair Defining Spray ($6) is another frizz free product. This is a product that I always use. I bought this back in March and I've been loving it. It has helped my hair by adding more shine. I can't say that it has helped with moisture though.
I've been using the Hask Argan Oil Repairing Oil ($3) since January. It has helped control any stubborn stray hairs and makes my hair feel softer without feeling oily. This is a product that I only use when I feel that it's necessary.
The Hask Repair that Hair Leave-In Conditioning Spray ($6) is a 5-in-1 Formula product that claims to: moisturize to prevent damage, detangles & smooths, controls frizz & flyaways, adds shine, and provides thermal protection. I can say that it does about four of those things. The one thing that it doesn't do a great job of is controlling my flyaways, but lets face it, it would be a miracle if just one product could control all of my flyaway hairs.

Hair Masques
L to R: Beauty & Pinups Fearless Hair Rescue Treatment, dpHUE Hydrate Hair Masque Therapy
The Beauty & Pinups Fearless Hair Rescue Treatment ($10) is another product that was included in the How To Be A Redhead subscription box last month. This was the first hair masque that I have ever used and I loved it. If you want to read the full review click here.
The dpHUE Hydrate Hair Masque Therapy ($26) was something that I purchased from Sephora. I needed to spend another $26 to get free shipping so I decided to buy this masque and I'm glad that I did. It makes my hair feel incredibly soft and refreshed. My hair also isn't as tangly after I use this. If you don't want to spend $26 on this hair masque then you should definitely buy the Beauty & Pinups Fearless Hair Rescue Treatment. It does almost the exact same job and it comes with a cap.

Hair Rinse
dpHUE Travel Size Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse

This dpHUE Travel Size Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse ($5) was also included in the How To Be A Redhead subscription box last month. I used this almost all throughout the month of July. The only reason why I don't use it overtime I shower is because I don't want it to run out too quickly. One of my favorite things about this product is that you don't have to use too much. I can't even tell you how much softer my hair feels every time I use this. The full size bottle is $35.

Post a Comment